Warning: include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 18

Warning: include(http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newheader.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 18

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newheader.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 18
May
2008

Bulls About to Change the Face of the Franchise

drose.jpgI couldn't believe it when I rec'd the text message from Kelper saying, "Congratulations on winning the lottery." I couldn't believe it so much that I had to run to my computer to double check. Yes, the Bulls now have the chance to turn everything around after a very, very, very poor start to their off-season. What are the odds of the Bulls making the right choice? Some say poor. I say it's about 50/50.

My first reaction was "Beasley!!" but after thinking about things....I'm not so sure. The Bulls have needed a low post scoring presence the past.....um......um.....well, forever and Beasley might be able to give them that but, I have to admit, Derrick Rose is a winner. So at this point, I'm torn. Here are a few of my quick thoughts since I don't have time to write a real post.

- Beasley = Derrick Coleman....that scares the shit out of me.

- Rose = ?????....this also scares the shit out of me but when it comes down to it, Rose took his team to the NCAA Championship Game as a freshman and has won a lot of games at the HS and college levels. I like winners, John Paxson likes winners.

- If the Bulls take Michael Beasley then Drew Gooden probably is out the door with Ben Gordon.

- If the Bulls take Rose then Kirk Hinrich is out the door....with Ben Gordon.

- If Ben Gordon isn't out the door this off-season then the Bulls, for some reason, think they can win the title next season. Don't put that train of thought past Paxson.....remember he thought he could hold onto D'Antoni without offering him a contract. Awesome thought process asshat.

- So, would you want a lineup of Rose, Hughes, Deng, Gooden and Noah (with Tyrus Thomas as the sixth man) or a lineup of Hinrich, Hughes, Deng, Beasley and Noah (with TT coming off the bench)?

- While neither of those lineups scare me, I choose Option B as it would allow the Bulls to package together Gordon and Gooden in a trade for either draft picks or a guard of some sort. I've heard whispers about Hinrich playing the shooting guard position but we all know that's not going to happen as he can't score or defend at that position. If Rose is picked then Hinrich must go and trading Hinrich is going to be more difficult to do than trading Gordon, TT or Gooden. I'm sorry, it just is.

So what would I do if I was the GM???? I'm not sure. Awesome answer, right? Paxson will have to use this Summer to weigh his options to see what kind of trades he can make. Option 1 would be to get Rose but he needs to get rid of Hinrich to make that happen. Option 2 would be to take Beasley and pray to God that he doesn't turn into a jerkoff. This isn't going to turn out well, is it?

Warning: include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 62

Warning: include(http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newmiddlebox.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 62

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newmiddlebox.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 62

Jeremiah said

The first thing I thought of when I saw the Bulls win the Lottery was hmmm... Who do I know that is really freakin happy right now. Ahhh Cobra. He must be totally jacked right now...

Beasley all the way. Rose is not Chris Paul which many are trying very hard to make him out to be.

I never thought of the Coleman comparison before. If I were a Bulls fan, that thought would scare the crap out of me too.

Celts in 5.

Peace

Have you ever been really happy and really scared all at the same time??? Yep, that's how it is right now.

Jeremiah said

Yeah, we all have. It's called losing your virginity :P

Rickhouse said

I think the whole point is that this situation is impossible to screw up, even for Pax. Both these guys are studs. Obviously I want Rose. But B-Easy is awesome too. Either way, the Bulls are getting a superstar.

But yeah, later Kirk and BG7. I still like that BG for vince carter trade i've been pushing (though no one else does). Get Rose a big two guard, and it's over.

Actually, it would be pretty easy to screw up at this point. If Paxson just sat on this roster and took one of the two guys, that would be a screw up. He needs to go out and find out what the trade value is for every player on his roster and work through the Summer accordingly. Sign and trade Gordon, trade Noc, get rid of Hughes, re-sign Deng, extend Gooden, let Hinrich go to Milwaukee or the Clippers....there are moves to be made.

If moves aren't made and the #1 pick is forced to share time/sit because other players are still here it will hinder the progress the Bulls should make next season.

The Bulls couldn't trade BG for Carter without adding a bunch of players to it. Even if Gordon were to do a sign and trade at 8-9 million per year it would take more than that. I'm all for trading Gordon, for the right price, and letting Thabo play the SG spot for a little while. I'm not a fan of Carter at all as I think he would bring bad habits to a young PG like Rose.

The GM said

If New Jersey traded Carter for Gordon and added Melo and Camby from the Nuggets, the Nets could be a surprise team next season. Their lineup would be:

Devin Harris
Ben Gordon
Carmelo Anthony
Josh Boone/Nenad Krstic
Marcus Camby/DeSagana Diop/Sean Williams

Jesus Christ, that's like saying if I had the technological education to put together a suit that could fly and shoot fire then I could be Iron Man....either way, not happening.

The GM said

You work for the government Jack, of course you can do that!!

Not for very much longer!!!

I enjoyed Iron Man, by the way.

The GM said

I did too.

Hank said

I hope they pick Rose. He is big enough that he could defend a 2 guard and that would allow the bulls to pursue Iverson in a trade. Plus it keeps Rose away from the Heat, Rose+Wade+Marion=scary.

I like the lineup of Rose, Iverson, Deng, Goodan, Noah (the bulls lose Thomas and Gordan in the trade)

Tiny replied to Hank's comment

I would take Rose with the pick and then trade Kirk, Deng,and maybe somebody else for Carmelo.

The Lineup would be-
Derrick Rose
Ben Gordon
Carmelo Anthony
Drew Gooden
Jakim Noah
and Lughes or Noche being the sixth man

Warning: include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 499

Warning: include(http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newrightnav.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 499

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newrightnav.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 499

Warning: include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 506

Warning: include(http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newfooter.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 506

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newfooter.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2008/05/bulls_about_to_change_the_face.php on line 506