Warning: include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 18

Warning: include(http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newheader.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 18

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newheader.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 18
Sep

Pink Hat Guy....Might Buy the Cubs?

By Jack Cobra  |  Comments (30) | Hype It Up!  |   Filed Under: Baseball | Jack Cobra Archive
pink hat.jpgI'm going to go ahead and bring this subject up one more time because people are still commenting on this from my post on August 29th.....seriously, check it out.

First of all, here is my personal opinion. The dude is annoying. His antics are old and I think he does some of it because he wants to be on camera. I don't know the guy, but I know I've watched a lot of games and thought that I wished he'd cut it out. The pink hat is goofy, but you know what? I'm not the best dressed dude in the world, so I don't have much room to talk. I don't know the dude personally so I can't say he's a bad guy, but there are times when he annoys me. If I saw him on the street or at the game I wouldn't sneer at him or punch him in the nose....I would just hope he'd calm down a bit.

As for the political correct statement you are looking for.....the dude pays his money for those seats and should be allowed to cheer however he likes. There will always be people in society that some people don't like. Shoot, some people don't like me. Let's just be considerate when dealing with people in the future (commence hand holding).

I think the main point that none of us can disagree on is....he loves the Cubs. We have that much in common and we should use that as a starting point for a healthy relationship.

In case you are too lazy to check out the comments section....apparently 'Pink Hat Guy' is a prospective owner of the Cubs.

He and fellow lifelong/die-hard fan Jim Anixter -- a guy most Cubs fans know as the man who spends every night game jumping in and out of his front-row, behind-home-plate seat wearing a pink Cubs hat -- have put together one of the half-dozen or so groups that during the next few months will make legitimate runs at buying the Cubs.

*I get the feeling that 'pink hat guy' and/or his friends know about this site, so if he'd like to be interviewed, or make an official statement....contact me.

Warning: include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 65

Warning: include(http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newmiddlebox.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 65

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newmiddlebox.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 65

gianluca said

Not liking this kindler gentler namby pamby be nice to everyone and don't play kickball stuff. This violates the tenets established by Al Gore when he created the internets for anonymous posting.

I'm willing to chip in to buy the guy a blue hat and a seatbelt to keep him down. Or maybe they can bluescreen him out of the picture like they do on the weather and we can just see a map of the midwest and storms approaching.

Speaking of storms approaching...how is that Lehigh swim team controversy coming along?

gianluca said

It's quite a poopstorm here right now. Former vp of research and his Chris Hanson crimes and now the swimmers. I have some eligibility left (four years) and they asked me to try out. My large frame and added bouyancy make me an ideal candidate for the new float longer event.

I figured you were the one who supplied the alcohol

gianluca said

that has yet to be proven

I want to be a pimp. i want to not care about people the way pimps don't care.

Anonymous said

this just in, maybe we shouldn't piss off the pick hat guy cause he wants to buy the cubs....

Holy crap, that is a great find.....Keeping him mad/happy/sad doesn't matter at this point.

Klompus said

the guy is definitly a fan. and its the type of person i have advocated to buy the cubs. understands the whole situation and hopefully the business of it as well.

definitly a good move if they win the bid.

I prefer Cuban or the guy who owns the Wolves, so far...

gianluca said

I'd like you to get that interview now.

Question 1: Will the team need to wear pink as well?

Question 2: Will you sit in the owner's box or will you still need to constantly draw attention to yourself at games by sitting behind the plate?

Question 3: Any dancing with the stars in your future?

Question 4: Can you please take your foot out of my ass?

If I can somehow find a way to interview the guy I will let you guys know and get some questions from you. I think now that we know he's a prospective buyer it opens it up to being a much more rounded interview...thus, more interesting

Hank said

Read this article...

gianluca said

hey - good find Hank.

Hank said

dang my computer didn't update this site quick enough...my bad. crazy article though

Hank said

yeah, I'm sulking away now!

gianluca said

just joking Hank. I think the unfortunate thing is one of the potential buyers is buddies with Selig which means no one else really stands a chance. The other scary part is the amount of influence the sh**bag Reinsdorf has with Selig. How can a guy with a competing interest impact what the cubs are going to do.

I agree on all counts with you gianluca. That's why I'm really scared.

Fragile Frankie Merman said

Am I the only one that thinks it is just fitting that the Cubs could be owned by a guy in a pink hat?

All jokes aside, the guy is an embarrassment.

Selig will manipulate the purchase of this team as much as possible. he will do everything he can to ensure that the oligarchy he deals with is constructed out of people that won't be eager to question his viability as commissioner. i think the odds of a Cubs purchase being a process that produces the most qualified and eager purchaser is slim. cuban doesn't stand a chance, not with three other groups having current or past business associations with selig and Rich Levin standing out front swearing to sweet baby Jesus that there is no inside track.. Bullshit. When they sold the fricking Red Sox they took 100 million LESS than the top offer so the MLB oligarchy could have their friends own the teams. They are inbreeding wealth. Not many other sports leagues will turn their backs on top offer. that is just one more thing adding to the decline of baseball's relevance. The dirty secrets of the sport that take place OFF the field are tarnishing the things that take place ON it. I wish Ryno would come out of retirement and place second for the cubs again.

JJ said

What happened to Cuban? I thought he was going to buy the Cubs.

gianluca said

I got nothing left except the cubs. PSU lost again to Michigan for the 37th time. Please cubs, 2.5 games with 7 to play. The guy can wear a friggin pink tutu if the cubs make the playoffs. I swear to the little baby jesus I won't complain if they get swept in the divisional. What else do I need to do? Joepa has failed me for the last time.

Hoosiernation said

I think the interesting part of the sale is going to be how the tribune is a publicly traded company with shareholders. #1 rule in business is provide as much wealth as you can for your shareholders. They probably will have something to say if the best deal is not accepted. I don't know if the company or shareholders can call out Selig for his inside track ownership bullshit or not. We'll see. Anybody have any more info about the A-Rod part owner story that came out?

My question about pink hat guy is this: I thought those new seats were not supposed to be season tickets, but tickets that are sold on an individual game basis.

Or at least originally, it was...

jane said

Anixter is the most generous man I know he gave me his seats for my prom... :) not to mention i work for him

annonamys said

that dudes my cousin

mike said

The author of this article missed the fact that besides wearing the same pink hat every night he combines it with the same green shirt every game also making him look like a ridiculously hideously dressed clown. He wears the same shirt and hat to every Cubs home night game even if they are on consecutive nights making him look like a homeless idiot.

This clown is such a distraction I am surprised that WGN and/or comcast have not considered him to be a distraction to their broadcast of the baeball game each night.

The author of this article did not miss the fact that the gentleman wears a green shirt, he just did not feel it was nearly as interesting as a pink hat. The editors agreed. They don't think green shirts are all that interesting. Apparently, homeless idiots can create a distraction anywhere, even on 2-year old blog posts.

Anonymous said

he is my friend crazy person

Anonymous said

he is related to me he might have some cubs issues but he is a nice guy snd s great person

Warning: include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 1008

Warning: include(http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newrightnav.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 1008

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newrightnav.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 1008

Warning: include() [function.include]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 1015

Warning: include(http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newfooter.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 1015

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'http://www.cobrabrigade.com/newfooter.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-5.3.27/share/pear') in /nfs/c01/h09/mnt/13075/domains/cobrabrigade.com/html/2007/09/pink_hat_guy.php on line 1015